Skip to main content

Featured

On My Mind: 7-16-17

Gus, Theo, and Ruby - At work I recently heard of a sibset consisting of eldest brother Gus, and then Theo, and a little sister named Ruby. It's so unusual (especially in my small southern town) to hear such stylish names that I was pretty floored when I heard it.

Augustine - Another name sighting from work - a little boy was calling for his friend all across the arcade - his name was Augustine.

Libuše - I've really been into Czech names here lately, and this one is one of my favorites. It comes from the Czech lib - which means "love". In legend, Libuše, also sometimes calledLubuše, Libussa, or Lubossa, was the name of a Princess and the founder of Prague.

The Children of Clémentine of Orléans

Clémentine

Marie Clémentine Léopoldine Caroline Clotilde of Orléans, later "Princess Clémentine of Orléans", was the youngest daughter of Louis-Philippe I, and Marie Amalie of the Two Sicilies. She married August Ludwig Viktor, or "Prince August of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha".
Their children were:

Ferdinand Philipp Maria August Raphael, "Prince Philipp of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha"

Ludwig August Maria Eudes, "Prince Ludwig August of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha", later "Dom Luís Augusto"

Marie Adelheid Amalie Clotilde, "Princess Clotilde of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha"

Marie Luise Franziska Amalie, "Princess Amalie of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha"

Ferdinand Maximilian Karl Leopold Maria, "Prince Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha", later "Ferdinand I of Bulgaria"

Comments

Popular Posts