On My Mind: 12/1/14

Michelle Pfeiffer as Isabeau in "Ladyhawke"
Isabeau - I watched a bit of "Ladyhawke" the other day, the cheesy fantasy film with Michelle Pfeiffer and Rutger Hauer. I love fantasy films, especially the ones made in the 80s and 90s. Isabeau is the name of Michelle Pfeiffer's character, and one I've seen thrown around a lot on name forums. In the film it is said "EE-sah-bo", though it can also be said "IZ-uh-bo". For a historical figure, there is Isabeau of Bavaria, who was Queen of France from 1385-1422.
 
 Manu - I first came across this name on actor Manu Bennett of "Spartacus" fame, who is of Maori descent on his father's side. He says it is a Maori name meaning "bird", and that it is in honor of his uncle who was the Bishop of New Zealand.
 
Fernway - Going through Lena Horn's filmography, I came across this unusual choice. I'm really loving it, and I think it would make an especially great middle name.
 
Tennyson - I never really thought about this one until today. It has a great sound and a great namesake, and I think the nickname "Ten" holds a lot of appeal.
 
Waverly - I was recently replaying "Dishonored", and remembered just how much I liked Waverly. The character, Waverly Boyle, also has sisters named Esma and Lydia.
 
 Plutarch - The latest installment of "The Hunger Games" franchise will be the last movie we will see Philip Seymour Hoffman in. His character is named Plutarch Heavensbee, which really appeals to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angourie

Names from the 2022 Winter Olympics

Yara