Skip to main content

Featured

On My Mind: 7-16-17

Gus, Theo, and Ruby - At work I recently heard of a sibset consisting of eldest brother Gus, and then Theo, and a little sister named Ruby. It's so unusual (especially in my small southern town) to hear such stylish names that I was pretty floored when I heard it.

Augustine - Another name sighting from work - a little boy was calling for his friend all across the arcade - his name was Augustine.

Libuše - I've really been into Czech names here lately, and this one is one of my favorites. It comes from the Czech lib - which means "love". In legend, Libuše, also sometimes calledLubuše, Libussa, or Lubossa, was the name of a Princess and the founder of Prague.

Zooey Deschanel Welcomes a Girl

Zooey
Actress Zooey Deschanel recently gave birth to a little girl who she has named Elsie Otter. She is married to producer Jacob Pechenik. On the choice she said: "Well, we just really like the name Elsie, and then we both love otters. They're really sweet, they're also smart, they use tools to keep their favorite tools, they hold hands while they sleep. There's so many amazing things about otters. They're wonderful animals."

Comments

Popular Posts