On My Mind: 12-5-18

"Lorelei"
Lots of Name Sightings - I've heard so many great names lately at work. Annabelle Ruth, siblings named Viola, Coco, Savannah, and Reed, and a little boy named Thor.

Lorelei - A friend of mine became an Uncle a while back and I just finally got to meet her. Her name is Lorelei, which I think is gorgeous. Lorelei is German and means "luring rock". In German folklore a Lorelei was a sort of mermaid or siren who would lure fishermen to their deaths. Lorelei is also the name of a rock headland on the Rhine River.

Edna - I've been watching "SS-GB" which is set in an alternate history Great Britain where the Germans won WWII. One of the main characters is played by German actor Lars Eidinger, who in real life has a daughter named Edna. I just thought it was so refreshing to see. Edna in Hebrew means "pleasure", and it is also an anglicized version of Irish Eithne, which means "kernel" or "grain".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angourie

Names from the 2022 Winter Olympics

Yara